Jim TerWee wrote:

> One other thing are you loading shorewall? If I remember right I had a
> problem with the configuration in shorewall and bridging. I don't use
Not using shorewall.  One thing at a time, and I
don't think it would be appropriate for my setup.

> shorewall on my bridge setup's. The laptop you mentioned should not be a
> problem as you can prove it works though normal setup. I also use RC2 just
I agree.  Which is why I'm posting (and posting).

> because I haven't had a reason to change but it had a bug in the bridging
> script which I think was fixed in RC3 might want to double check that it has
> been mentioned several times on the list.

I don't know.  I'm using RC3 with the updated
lrp.  I started posting about my problems before
the new lrp was released.  Other than properly
getting at the bridge scripts, I see no difference.

> When you boot up what messages do you get from the bridge you should see it
> setting up the cards?

I see complaints about eth[01] not existing.  Since
I didn't see/hear pcmcia bring

I've
added debuging to the bridge scripts and the pre-up
script has IFACE="lo" and IF_BRIDGE_PORTS is empty.
I tried setting/forcing expected values ("br0" and
"eth0 eth1").  This only delivers the complaints
early.  The up script has expected values, but since
there are no devices, it just falls through at the
bottom.

I question the sleep in modutils.  Playing with the
value doesn't make any difference (other than having
to wait longer for it to boot).

And now some success.  This morning I added:

brctl addif br0 $DEVICE
ip link set dev $DEVICE up

to /etc/pcmcia/network, and I can get to the box with
both cards but not through it.  (side note:  this
doesn't light up the LED on the wireless card).  In
my eyes, this is an ugly kludge.

--
Mark