On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:17:52AM -0500, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>> # date 09450007122002
>> date: invalid date `09450007122002'
>>
>> also tried
>> # date 094500071202
>> # date 094500
>> # date 0945
>>
>> no go. The busybox home page was not much help either.
>
>I'm not sure the minimal busybox date command can be used by the hwclock
>command.  The normal procedure is to set the system clock using date,
>rdate, ntpclient, or whatever, then "copy" the system time to the CMOS
>clock with the hwclock command.  Something like:
>
>tempest: -root-
># rdate time-A.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov
>Fri Jul 12 09:07:44 2002
>
>tempest: -root-
># hwclock --systohc --utc

Yes, I routinely use rdate, and there appears to be systohc in the
shutdown/startup scripts.

I just found date and hwclock and it seemed like the way on lrp.
Thanks for pointing out rdate.

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 347-451-8229
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]