On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 01:55:44 -0400
"George Georgalis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In all sincerity, Bering is very cool. It could just be a lot better
> if it was more in the spirit of _encouraging_ open source development
> rather than barley qualifying, actually I bet if it was audited, it
> wouldn't pass.  If there are scripts to tar and gzip a lrp package,
> why aren't they part of a tools.tgz right beside package_src.tgz and
> compile_configs.tgz next to the Leaf_UML packages and extraction
> instructions for odd archives? I know asking for doc is a lot, but
> maintaining a file of command lines used to make the binaries from
> source would be an excellent first step.

http://www.franzdoodle.com/bering/dev.tgz

Here is the development environment I use to customize Bering for compact
flash.  If it is useful, I will contribute it to the project.  It is
incomplete, and lacking documentation (two of your pet peeves, I see), but
I am working hard at a day job in an economic downturn and the projects I
am involved in at work have been steered away from embedded linux since I
started on the project </excuse>

It is only a framework, somewhat quick and dirty.  I will write a doc if
it looks useful to anyone at first glance.  I suspect, however, that it is
not that much different than what others might be using for their custom
projects.

I hope that this helps some.