/etc/resolv.conf contains:

search cablenet-va.com         /* correct, this is the DNS suffix that
shows up when I connect windoze directly to cable modem*/
IP filters:firewall[IP Forwarding: ENABLED]
meserver 208.197.246.194   /* correct, this is second DNS server that
windoze gets via direct connect*/

BTW, I notice that when I connect the windoze box through the firewall,
I get no DNS suffix. WOuld that matter?