Hello!

I tried to post a request for help including all of the stuff the FAQ said
I should include, and it was rejected for being too big (>64k).  Here is
my problem in a nutshell:
I am a student, working for a small museum.  Halfway through the summer,
they decided to get a T1, and setting it up fell to me.
The ISP's router was installed yesterday, and I've been working on setting
up a Dacshtein LEAF firewall for some time.
It has two NICs, both of which are properly initialized by their own
specific modules (which were both included, thankfully).
It communicates flawlessly with the internal network, and all the internal
computers are set up properly to use it as the default gateway.
Unfortunately, the firewalling rules seem to be blocking all outbound
traffic (I get ping error type 3 -- "ping: sendto: Operation not
permitted")
I can't ping, or, it seems, otherwise communicate with, our ISP's on site
router, or anything beyond it on the net.
I just need a simple setup to allow the basic, most common services
through the firewall (email, web,...).  I thought the configs would
default to something like this, but that is apparently not the case, and I
am very stuck.
If any one is inclined to help, and wants more information, just ask, and
I'll send it out ASAP.  The staff of the National Ornamental Metal Museum
(Memphis, TN) would be most grateful for any assistance - we've been
email-less for three days!
Thanks for reading!

Eric Rogers