On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:42:02 EDT George Georgalis wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 08:59:20AM -0700, Craig wrote:
> >Hi folks,
> >I'm confused. My Dachstein CD already has an ifconfig.lrp file on it. Do
> >I need a different ifconfig.lrp module? Why doesn't the one I have work?
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Craig
>
> cannot help you with that, have not used the module.
>
> Are you sure it's being loaded by defining it as part of LRP=... in your
> syslinux.cfg file?
>
> if so try
>
> find / -name ipconfig

Just to add a few tidbits to already good suggestions from George...

"lrpkg -l" will list loaded modules.  ifconfig should show up if
it is loaded.  To load a single module without rebooting, you can
mount the medium that has the package, change to it's directory,
and issue a "lrpkg -i packagename".  For your cdrom setup, a

   mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt
   cd /mnt
   lrpkg -i ifconfig
   umount /mnt

(untested) will probably do it.  If you're using v1.0.1 or earlier,
you may need to replace "cdrom" with "hdX1" where X is a, b, c or d,
depending on what IDE interface your CD-ROM is installed on.

--Brad