I've just setup my first LEAF firewall and everything has gone smoothly

until IPsec.  When Freeswan starts, it prints the following:

ipsec_setup: Starting FreeS/WAN IPsec 1.98b...

ifconfig: not found

ipsec manual: fatal error in "tunnel1": no IPsec-enabled interfaces found

I'm not sure if this means that ifconfig itself wan't found or if ifconfig

couldn't find something.  The Shorewall doc says that ifconfig isn't

needed, but it doesn't give any examples of manual tunnels.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The LEAF/Bering package is a great peice of work.  This definitely beats

way I did it last time: install Redhat, install FreeS/WAN, build a kernal...

With LEAF, the basic firewall was up and running within an hour of

downloading the package.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Tom