On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 05:59:45 EST Kyle wrote:

> Brad-
>       When I first put my Bering disk together, I downloaded the latest
> version of shorwall.lrp and copied it to the disk. All I did was rename it
> and copy it to the floppy. Was there anything else I needed to do? Just a
> thought, because I have looked over the Shorewall configuration files 1000
> times and cannot find anything wrong.

Assuming you have two interfaces in your firewall, have you
followed the shorewall two-interface quickstart guide[1]?
You will also need to follow the Bering upgrade instructions[2].

If you still have trouble after following those instructions,
let us know exactly how you configured things and precisely
what doesn't work--including relevant output from /var/log/syslog
if there is any--and we'll work through it from there.  Copies
of your /etc/shorewall: zones, rules, policy, interfaces, and masq
files wouldn't hurt either.  Good luck.

--Brad

[1] http://shorewall.net/shorewall_quickstart_guide.htm
[2] http://shorewall.net/errata.htm#Upgrade