ssh is running on our Dachstein box, but I can't access it. When I try
to ssh into the Dachstein box on a workstation on the local network,
PuTTY chokes with "Connection closed by remote host". PuTTY's log says
nothing useful, but the /var/log/auth.log on the Dachstein box contains
this line corresponding to my every ssh attempt:

sshd [number_changes]: fatal: mmap (65536): Invalid argument

We're using Dachstein 1.0.2 with the following configuration:

* Our local network is 192.168.0.0, not Dachstein's default 192.168.1.0.
* Dachstein's DHCP is turned off to not interfere with our local
network's preexisting DHCP server.
* Booting from a hard disk, not a floppy.

I notice lots of DENY references to 192.168.0.x in /etc/ipfilter.conf,
and suspect this to be the problem, but don't know enough to deal with
this intelligently.

Yes, ssh is running (so says ps) and privilege separation is implemented.

With the exception of this issue, the Dachstein box is working
perfectly. Thanks Charles and everyone!
--
Warren Post, Voluntario Naciones Unidas
Departamento de Informática