Erich Titl wrote:

> At 07:57 09.10.2002, you wrote:
>
> >does anybody have a proxy-arp dmz and also running tinydns & dnscache?
> >
> >thought that I'd resolved this sometime ago; but, tonight, for life of
> >me, I cannot get dmz hosts to resolve addresses for remote internet
> >sites solely via tinydns-public and dnscache ;<  tinydns tries to
> >resolve the name and gives up, without so much as asking dnscache.  as a
> >test, I do same query from the internal network and dnscache answers
> >immediately.
> >
> >actually, if I add other remote dns servers to /etc/resolv.conf on dmz
> >hosts, then it works.
> >
> >oddly enough, netware servers on the dmz do not exhibit this problem . .
>
> You may want to give us information about your resolv.conf file on the
> failing DMZ machine, then try to debug with nslookup or the more recent
> bind tools (dig, hosts...).

This does *not* work:

nameserver 64.4.197.65
search PlatinumAire.net

This does work:

nameserver 64.4.197.65
nameserver 207.7.4.66
nameserver 207.7.4.67
nameserver 207.112.196.69
nameserver 206.54.244.3
nameserver 206.54.244.2
search PlatinumAire.net

Remember, 64.4.197.65 resolves the tinydns-public domain
(PlatinumAire.net) properly; but, will not goto dnscache to resolve
remote domains . . .

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .