> > > 17: wan1: <POINTOPOINT,NOARP,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast qlen
100
> > >     link/ppp
> > >     inet 64.4.222.157 peer 64.4.222.158/32 scope global wan1
> > >     inet 64.4.197.99/32 scope global wan1
> > >     inet 64.4.197.100/32 scope global wan1
> > >     inet 64.4.197.101/32 scope global wan1
> >
> > Please *REMOVE* the extra IP's assigned to your wan interface and
see
> > what happens (ie wan1 should have *ONLY* the 64.4.222.157 IP).  The
fact
> > that you have IP's assigned to the firewall that actually belong on
your
> > DMZ network could be the source of all your confusion.  Remember,
the
> > wan interface is an arpless point-to-point interface, and even if
wan1
> > was an ethernet NIC, your IP configuration would not work in either
> > routed *OR* a proxy-arp DMZ.
>
> Yes, looks pretty dumb; but, we have these mapped to systems on NAT'ed
> internal network.
>
> Besides, I have done same testing *without* these and results are
> identical . . .

I almost missed this...

What do you mean when you say you have those IP's mapped to NAT'ed
sysetms on the internal network?  If you mean NAT as in Static-NAT and
advanced routing rules, I need to see *ALL* your routing info, not just
the output of "ip route".  In this situation, it would still be
incorrect to assign the IP to the WAN interface.

If you really mean you're port-forwarding those IP's to systems on your
internal network, your configuration probably makes more sense.

Regardless, I doubt this is the cause of your current problems,
especially since you indicated you tested with and without the IP's
assigned.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net