On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:29:47 MST Greg Morgan wrote:

> Stefan Engel wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > Is there anybody out there who has the e1000.o module for
> > Bering 1.0 rc4 already built? Or do I have to do it on my own?
>
> Finally, as I just posted in another message on this
> thread, a software license question needs to be resolved about
> distribution of the compiled module.

Looks like the source at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/ is GPLed.  The LICENSE
file in e1000-4.3.15.tar.gz says so anyhow:

  brad@lab:~$ head -n5 /tmp/e1000-4.3.15/LICENSE

  "This software program is licensed subject to the GNU General Public License
  (GPL). Version 2, June 1991, available at
  <http://www.fsf.org/copyleft/gpl.html>"

there is a GPL license header in all the source files as well.

Disclaimer: IANAL and I may be overlooking licensing and
distribution issues here.

--Brad