On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 08:39, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> If you mean set the I/O address in the NIC, then NO module can do this. To
> do it, you need a configuration program for your NIC. You can use the one
> the manufacturer provides (which will be DOS or Windows based, invariably)
> or you can see if Don Becker's site (I forget the URL; try Google) has a
> config program for your NIC.
>
> If you mean tell the module what the NIC's I/O address is ... this
> parameter, if available, is module specific. Either tell us what NICs are
> involved or consult the source code for the relevant module to see what
> options it supports. Or just try "io=0x300, 0x320", using the values
> appropriate to your system) and see if you get lucky. But most modern
> modules (maybe all of them) know how to autoprobe, so should not need this
> sort of intervention.

I have RTL8139C nics. The 3 possibilities contributed in this thread so
far include a dead nic, overlapping i/o addresses or insufficient IRQs.
The 4th nic added (but not detected) isn't dead as it works on its own
on another box so that theory is out. if 2 of the nics have the same i/o
address then I guess I'll have to reassign it with the DOS utility.As
for running out of IRQs, how do I address that, since they are pci
cards? In the bios perhaps?  Finally,