> About your third question:  I really don't think
> anyone is erasing your log files.  But if you really
> are paranoid about some accessing your firewall, you
> can write-protect your floppies so that the intruder
> can't really change your configuration permanently.  A
> little paranoia is a healthy thing.

I don't think someone is really erasing them either because as I had stated,
I had a friend run nmap & he couldn't find anything so I'm closed to most of
the script kiddies.  And as to write-protecting the floppies, I do & for
actually making changes to the floppies...  because the floppy drives on my
leaf box are of an older variety they don't play nice with the 1680 format,
they can read it, but they tear up the disk writing it.  All leaf disks are
now written only on my programming computer with a much newer floppy drive
that plays nice with 1680.  This also prevents the possibilty of someone
hacking the firewall & changing things while I'm trying to save stuff to the
floppy (if you really want to be that paranoid).

> To get to your log files, you will need the sftp.lrp
> module.  Configure it then save your changes to your
> floppies.  On another machine set up a cron job to
> routinely sftp into your firewall and get the logs.

Ok, sounds good...  I'm guessing this goes along with the ssh.lrp package
(which I've already set up) & I'm guessing sftp also comes in the ssh
package in most distros?  Now all I need is a newbie help file on setting up
a cron job...  any suggestions? :)

> Minh

thanks much
Patrick