On Monday 13 January 2003 14:40, Lynn Avants wrote:
> On Monday 13 January 2003 12:55 pm, Alex Rhomberg wrote:
> > Arcana wrote:
> > > Is there a way though to mount an IDE hard drive to a location like /
> > > (root)or /var?  I'll search the docs again but I couldn't figure it out
> > > after spending a weekend with Bering and my computers.  The syslinux
> > > configs seem to define sizes of RAM disks only and if I try to mount
> > > the hard drive to / or /var using /etc/fstab, it doesn't mount
> > > properly.
>
> To be quite honest with you, I don't think any of the developers have
> even considered doing this as an option. If you move /var to a harddrive,
> you might as well use any other Linux distribution. LEAF is designed
> to be run out of a ramdisk.

Well, one reason I asked is because the packages and the configuration of the
LEAF are dead-convenient... much better than any other Linux distribution out
there that I've ever seen.  I'd use it whether it's installed on a hard drive
or put on a RAM disk.

My other concern is that if I install too many packages I'll actually run out
of physical RAM.

--
-- Arcana

Dreams may be in sleep, or may occur waking.  In all cases, listen to your
dreams.