Hi folks,
I've carefully followed the instructions at
http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/cmu/dachlpd.htm to set up my Bering box as a
print server, but it doesn't work (I can't print). I was getting some insmod
error messages, and determined I was using the wrong parport.o,
parport_pc.o, and lp.o drivers (from an older Bering version). It seems like
I've seen posted here on the group a comment that the drivers you use MUST
match your kernel version. So, I downloaded both the
Bering_1.0-stable_modules_2.4.18.tar.gz
Bering_1.0-stable_modules_2.4.20.tar.gz module packages (drivers?) from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=13751 , and I've used
the parport.o, parport_pc.o, and lp.o drivers from the 2.4.18 package, but I
still can't print. How do I know if I'm using drivers from the right
package? Hmmmm, I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Does
Shorewall have anything to do with this? Thank you!

Craig