A question about having, maybe, two private LANs.

I've moved in with my fiancee and am setting up the house for shared net
access. She has a wonderful 14-yr old daughter who is, I know, not as
discriminating as I am when it comes to running things like MSN, or
downloading files, etc.

She shall have her own PC and it'll be networked into my
soon-to-be-running Bering 1.0-release box.

My questions are: 1) what is the best way to protect my PC's from her
PC? The thought that comes to mind is to have eth0=internet,
eth1=privateLAN_me, eth2=privateLAN_her.

Normally eth2 is used for a DMZ so I'd expect that there are some
significant config things to be done to achieve eth2 as a private LAN.

Having said that, I've always configged my LEAF boxes to have an eth2 as
a DMZ, even though I never got around to installing any servers. Ergo
I'd like to keep a DMZ interface (eth3?).

Should I work towards this 4-nic setup, or can I have her and I coexist
safely on the same eth1 interface? If My PC's are 192.168.0.x/24 and her
PC is 192.168.1.x/24 are we separate enough? I use MS file-sharing
between my PC's but don't want her PC to be able to access my PC's via
MS sharing.

I'll speculate that if I have NetBIOS and NetBEUI disabled on both our
boxes, that any MS sharing would have to transit over TCP/IP and thus I
can control it via the Bering box?

Thanks for any direction that people can offer.
scott