I'm using Bering with a Bell reseller here in Pickering. Though mine is a resold residential service, my understanding is that we'll have the same setup & hardware.

Yup, I'm using PPPoeE.

Suggested settings? Where to begin...

Are you already up and running and looking for extra settings for your firewall? I'm not the guy to ask.

If you want some heads-up about how you would go about accomplishing it, using what I expect Bell will give you as a modem (SpeedTouch Home) I can give you all the details regarding how I did it. Because the Alcatel (or rather, the dual-ip addy of the Alcatel STHome modem) is seemingly not common it will take a non-standard config.

But once it's up and running it's sweet...

scott

Stephen Lee wrote:

Hi,

Anyone here using Bering with Bell's business high speed DSL service in
Ontario, Canada? Is PPPoE used and if so, any suggested settings for
Bering1.0?

Thanks,
Stephen