On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 11:56, Francois BERGERET wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Yes I have the serial console on, and this is a copy of this.
> But, normaly, without any kernel msg, after a short time, I can read
> the Bering prompt and logging as root, etc...
> Bering is completely frozzen and nothing works, realy.
> This is a kernel panic, and from the normal screen ouput, I have not
> the time to read all the kernel messages before the kernel scrash.
>
> The original floppy runs well, and I post this through it.
> I have burned and reburned lot of CDs without any success.
> What it could be different between RC3 and 1.0-stable to do
> a bootable CD ? I do like I done with RC3 with the same tools
> from a W2K box which was ok for the RC3 CDs.
> I have not be able to download the last MKISOFS.EXE and its dll.
> What is the good version ?

It sounds like you have a corrupted iso image. I do all of my Bering
configuring under Linux so I can't comment on MKISOFS.EXE. Show us how
you run mkisofs so we can see your switch settings. I've had no problems
building CD versions of Bering 1.0rc2,rc3 and Stable. They are pretty
much similar with respect to building the CD version.

Stephen