Hi Stephen and the list,

The mistery is that I can do a correct CD with RC3 floppy source,
but I can't with the actual 1.0-stable, with the same procedure
to burn this CD.

I think that I am doing exactly the same things, as described in the
Bering user's manual...

Following is a dump screen of the resul of "makeiso" here :

D:\BCD>mkisofs -o bering.iso -b isolinux.bin -c isolinux.cat -no-emul-boot
-boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -v -hide isolinux.cat
-hide isolinux.bin -l diskcontent
mkisofs 1.14 (i586-pc-cygwin)
Scanning diskcontent
Hidden from ISO9660 tree: diskcontent/isolinux.bin

Size of boot image is 4 sectors -> No emulation
Total translation table size: 2048
Total rockridge attributes bytes: 0
Total directory bytes: 880
Path table size(bytes): 10
Max brk space used 5000
864 extents written (1 Mb)

D:\BCD>

What have I done wrong ?
I have a correct 1.0-stable floppy running in my box.
I use my previous mkisofs.exe and cygwin1.dll because the link from the Bering
user's manual is broken and I can't download it today.
I have downloaded the makeiso.bat in the Bering contrib directory.
I have done the same for the isolinux.bin.
I have downloaded cdrom.o ide-mod.o ide-cd.o ide-probe-mod.o isofs.o
then copied them in the /boot/lib/modules as usual, and declared them
in the /boot/etc/modules file using initrd package menu (without the .o extension).
Then, I have copied all the Bering floppy files in the diskcontent directory in my
Windows PC. I have renamed syslinux.cfg into isolinux.cfg and deleted ldlinux.sys.

I have edited isolinux.cfg as this :

serial 0 19200
display syslinux.dpy
timeout 0
append console=ttys0,19200
default linux initrd=initrd.lrp init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0 boot=/dev/cdrom:iso9660
PKGPATH=/dev/cdrom:iso9660,/dev/fd0u1680:msdos

And created a lrpkg.cfg as I have done for the previous RC3 CDs :

root,etc,local,modules,iptables,ppp,pppoe,keyboard,shorwall,dnscache,weblet

I have not yet added more packages as I want as IPSec etc... only the floppy.

And, then, I have burned the several CDs with Nero...

And none CD was running, all have the same result.
Damned ! What have I missed ?

Help !

Best Regards,
Francois BERGERET,