--- Jeff Newmiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Danny Carter wrote:
> > Since security is a major concern when attached to the Internet, why not
> > make use of the three-interface firewall solution within
> > Bearing/Shorewall and place the wireless access point on that third
> > interface of the firewall within the DMZ?
>
> A DMZ is not an appropriate place for a workstation in most cases.
> Machines on a DMZ should be regarded as potential sacrificial lambs, and
> kept isolated from the rest of your local network.  This is not normally
> acceptable for workstation use.

pn] Exactly.  My notebook PC is currently on my internal private network, and it needs
to remain
there to be useful.  Putting it on a DMZ isolates it from the network resources I
need, and adding
port-forwarding rules to restore them defeats the purpose of using the DMZ.

pn] My personal conclusion is that wireless connections are not yet secure enough for
my comfort.

=====

-----
Peter Nosko ([EMAIL PROTECTED])