Doug Sampson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) had this to say on 02/14/03 at 15:07:

> > But ... the ONLY change we are suggesting you make is to the Exchange
> > server's default gateway. Does that *really* require a reboot
> > on Windows?
> > (I know the old joke about "You have moved your mouse - press
> > any key to
> > reboot", but surely Microsoft has make networking
> > reconfiguration a bit
> > more sane by now). OR does the proxy server require that it
> > be the default
> > gateway to function (if so, in what sense does it proxy)?
>
> Yep, Win NT still requires a reboot for most configuration changes. Yes, we
> are still using Win NT- haven't seen the need to upgrade. See below for
> further info.

I've changed IP addresses in NT, w/o rebooting. Don't recall if that
included a gateway address change, tho. If you're up-to-date with SPs, *and*
that post-SP6 rollup, you should be able to make that change without
rebooting (I think).