> GUI Pre-rollout Config
> ======================
>    We are thinking it'd be cool, if you wanted to, to download
> a fat CD of everything LEAF on it, burn the thing, and use it to
> build yourself a custom LEAF floppy.  You'd do this before you
> rollout that floppy to the LEAF box.  You could save your changes.
> You could upgrade to a new LEAF version seamlessly.  We could make
> the pre-config program a Java GUI, a Python GUI, or a Web/Cgi thing.
> This is very dependant on new packages and a new central-db.

This is a good place to advertise my work: I have written a bunch of scripts
I use for pre-configuring Bering firewalls. They are useful for separating
hardware dependent and configuration dependent stuff from the standard
packages. I also find it much simpler to upgrade kernels or packages,
because of that separation.

The scripts provide no GUI but I think they could be useful for generating
packages with the configuration created in the GUI.

Regards
Alex