On Thursday 27 March 2003 02:46 pm, Scott Merrill wrote:
> Getting OpenVPN compiled for Bering is problematic, though.  I followed the
> Bering UML instructions for creating a virtual slink environment for
> compiling userland programs, but the compilation of OpenVPN produced a
> binary that did not contain tun/tap device support (since it couldn't find
> the appropriate kernel bits).
>
> I tried linking 2.4.20's /usr/src/linux/include/linux/if_tun.h into the
> virtual slink's /usr/include/linux/, but make throws an error about the
> tun.c portion of OpenVPN.

Have you tried installing the source code and applying the proper patches
to the 2.4.20 kernel in the Slink environment, THEN trying to compile OpenVPN?

This is likely the best chance you'll have to get it to work, unless the
kernel also needs to be patched for compatibility.
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall Developer