Hi Ken.

I tried this code as well and I think that you have to substitute
/var/log/shorewall.log for /var/log/messages in the code that Eric provided.
It didn't work for me until I made this change.  Perhaps an older version of
Bering or Dach used the messages file to log packets, hence the confusion.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, Eric.

Thanks,
Ken

You are of course right , the log file should be the one the messages for
shorewall are directed to.
Bering 1.0 stable did the logging still in the /var/log/messages file  (
this was the version I used to debug the script.)
I should make things more modular again ;)

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards Eric Wolzak
member of the bering crew.