On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Richard Lohman wrote:

> Hi, all:
>     I typically access my company VPN from home,
> through my Dachstein CD box. I worked out the ipchains
> commands to open the necessary ports. Now, I'd like to
> set up something to open the ports each time by box
> boots up. For example, in the event of a power outage,
> or I'm trying out some other settings, I don't want to
> have to retype the ipchains commands every time. Where
> is the best place to insert the commands to load? The
> IP Filter/Firewall Rules script? A separate script in
> the /etc/init.d directory? Once that is done, what is
> the best way to load it? Thanks in advance.
> :Rich Lohman

There are already commands in the Dachstein network scripts to do this.
The "best" way is to learn how to adjust the variables in the
configuration file to activate these commands.

If you don't want to do that, then editing the ipfilter script is probably
the next best choice.  If you want to do a separate script, then you
probably ought to remove the existing network scripts to reduce confusion.

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing