On 12 Sep 2003, Steve Wright wrote:

[...]

> The following will route each *packet* out a different port.
>
> ip route add equalize default \
>    nexthop via DSL1-IP dev eth1 \
>    nexthop via DSL2-IP dev eth1
>

> If you remove the word "equalize", then it will send each alternate tcp
> stream out each port.
>
> DSLn-IP are the addresses of your DSL connections, and eth1 is the
> assumed local interface pointing at your DSL modems.

I haven't used this feature... how does "equalize" interact with NAT?  It
would seem to be counterproductive to split tcp streams in the presence of
NAT, since that could present a confusing data stream to the destination
machine.  That would seem to be most valuable for non-NAT configurations,
particularly when you have control over routers at the point where the
data streams merge again closer to your destination.

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing