I'm an Internet Networking Engineer @ UUNET (now MCI) and I
know about load balancing. The best 50/50 way of load balancing is
if 2 circuits are on the same router on boths ends. The ISP needs to
insert a static route for your network block down both links.
That will force all traffic to use each circuit (DSL, T1, 56k, etc) equally.

        Now there are other methods of load balancing, but they involve
running routing protocols such as BGP, but thats a whole other story that
most likely won't involve DSL links (usually).

-Alby