I am looking into the best way to set up a constant encrypted tunnel
connection between two sites. (An office here and another office at a remote
location.)
Before I dive headlong into this I was hoping that some LEAF users out there
might be able to give me some advice as to what is the best option for my
situation.
First of all, I want to use Bering Uclibc rc2. I want systems on Network one
and Network two to be able to browse to each other. I want the Bering box to
manage a constant connection between the two sites meaning that if the
connection is lost, the Bering box will bring the connection back up without
any user intervention. I would also like it if the firewalls could give
priority to the traffic using the tunnel connection.
I have read the shorewall docs and I think that IPSec could do this. (IPSec
Gateway on the Firewall System) But if anyone has any other suggestions as
to a better way to go about this please let me know.  Please keep in mind
that this will be my first attempt at this particular configuration so the
more basic the better. In my discussions so far someone suggested that SSH2
could also work for what I have in mind..

Thanks in advance!

Troy