Am Mittwoch, 12. November 2003 19:06 schrieb Troy Aden:
> I am looking into the best way to set up a constant encrypted tunnel
> connection between two sites. (An office here and another office at a
> remote location.)
> Before I dive headlong into this I was hoping that some LEAF users out
> there might be able to give me some advice as to what is the best option
> for my situation.
> First of all, I want to use Bering Uclibc rc2. I want systems on Network
> one and Network two to be able to browse to each other. I want the Bering
> box to manage a constant connection between the two sites meaning that if
> the connection is lost, the Bering box will bring the connection back up
> without any user intervention. I would also like it if the firewalls could
> give priority to the traffic using the tunnel connection.
> I have read the shorewall docs and I think that IPSec could do this. (IPSec
> Gateway on the Firewall System) But if anyone has any other suggestions as
> to a better way to go about this please let me know.  Please keep in mind
> that this will be my first attempt at this particular configuration so the
> more basic the better. In my discussions so far someone suggested that SSH2
> could also work for what I have in mind..

Troy;

You're right - IPSEC is what you want.

Given you have fixed ip addresses for you're routers you'll find a lot
documentation how to setup you're routers like Lynn Avants IPSec Howto:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/guitarlynn/

If you have dynamic IP, I wrote a mail to leaf-user a year ago describing such
a solution.
kp