Does anyone know a simple way to set a couple of static dns entries on my
LEAF Bering (uClib) box?
I'm running DNSCACHE for resolving Internet names and have an MS Win2000
Domain controller as internal DNS (it needs it's own dynamic DNS for active
directory).
All this works just fine until I power down the complete Windows network
(which I do every evening). When I want a quick connection from my laptop or
a visitor's laptop I don't have internal DNS and can't acces my LEAF box by
name (unless I power my MS domain up).
I don't want to put a host file on visitor's machines and adding a dns
server to my LEAF box will disturb CACHEDNS.
Any ideas ?

Robert von Knobloch.