Hi

At 09:52 22.12.2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Does anyone know a simple way to set a couple of static dns entries on my
>LEAF Bering (uClib) box?
>I'm running DNSCACHE for resolving Internet names and have an MS Win2000
>Domain controller as internal DNS (it needs it's own dynamic DNS for active
>directory).
>All this works just fine until I power down the complete Windows network
>(which I do every evening). When I want a quick connection from my laptop or
>a visitor's laptop I don't have internal DNS and can't acces my LEAF box by
>name (unless I power my MS domain up).
>I don't want to put a host file on visitor's machines and adding a dns
>server to my LEAF box will disturb CACHEDNS.
>Any ideas ?

I always thought DNSCache was part of tinydns, e,g, the djbdns suite. Will this really
disturb?
You could publish your LEAF box to be the nameserver for your ad-hoc clients, if you
want to rely on your windoze set up to server DNS then do a zone transfer to your LEAF
box to take over once the windoze box is off.

HTH
Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16