I'm just getting started with Leaf Bering.

I've built a new 2.4.20 kernel using the woody environment and have
iptables built statically and all is well as far as that goes.

Freeswan is a  it of a mystery though. I'm using super-freeswan-1.99.6.2.

Pluto whack and other utilities are linked to libc.6 on the woody
system, while  I'm using  libc-2.0.7.so on my "userland" system which,
of course, is causing some rather erratic behavior when starting ipsec.
What is the best way around this?  I'm digging through the docs and don't
really find an "easy" way of building all the utilities alone statically.
The temptation here is to just modify the Makefile.inc to pass the arg
to build everything statically linked.  Do I have it right?

Is there a doc that covers the problem?  Any patches?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.