Hi

At 15:01 24.01.2004, arif wrote:
Hey folks,
the recent thread on "machine access by hostname" reminded me that I'd been intending to setup some form of DNS so that I could access my server in the DMZ by hostname. I've searched around and done a pretty good of confusing myself since this is all pretty new to me, so I'm wondering if someone has some pointers to resources on how to set this up that are relatively straightforward.

Mhhh pointers.

The easiset way is to set up an internal authoritative name server for _your_ domain and use that one exclusively. Any address lookup not services by that server will be forwarded to whatever you define as the uplink name server. So far for internal access. Do the same (with different addresses of course) on an externally visible name server and voila, that's basically it.

HTH
Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16