joah moat wrote:
What are some tests that I can conduct to determine the functionality of my Bering-uClibc2.1 PCMCIA eth1 (d-link 670)???
There are two led on my eth1, none of them light up. My eth0 led lights up green (and posts an dhcpdc IP fine). I can connect the card to windows networking using the existing Win95 on HD and the led lights up.

If no LED lights after booting, you are lost so far. Did you try to ping that card ? I think a PING will certainly fail too. You dont need to go further unless the LEDs stay dark. You said, that the card is running (lighting) using Windows.

To me it seems, you need another driver for that card. You *need*
to make the LEDs light up.

Did you try to restart all neccesary services by hand after booting ?
svi pcmcia restart
svi networking restart
svi others ? restart

and don't forget to look at syslog/messages ;-)
Do you have another card to try with ?

One of my both cards lights up, when the notebook is turned on,
the other lights up, after pcmcia is started. The one needs software to be activated, the other needs only the computer
turned on.

Dont give up ;-)