joah moat wrote:

Let me ask that question again: Do you have other problems
than DHCP ? Is anything else running fine ? I still have problems to see your exact problem...althought I read all
your posts onto this list. But that might be my fault ;-)

(the last two modules I have set for the kernel to load) and the pcnet_cs.o and 3c589_cs.o module I have set for the PCMCIA package to load.
Is this of any interest ? Are there some reasons to load some
modules by kernel and others by pcmcia ?

lsmod returns:
[-deleted- I cant see any interesting infos in ...]

The 3com card always tries to init as eth0 (no matter if I have it connected to my network or connected to my cable modem).
True. If you change the *slots*, eth0 should change to eth1.
It is irrelevant what the cable is connected to.

I have tried to obtain dhcpd server from the d-link card (as eth1). (ps returns that dhcpd -q is running.)
Can u find any output in /var/log/* ?

physical U. (GI:GO)
that was the part I did not get you ;-) I am no english speaker, as u certainly realized before ;-)

It is only for the human conception of Energy that we remain skulking feverishly in the darkness.
I see, your point of viewing problems of information technology is very
universally ;-) Nevertheless, your are absolutely right ;-)

skulking feverishly in the darkness
Cute ;-) and true :-)

So long !