On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 23:11, joah moat wrote:
> I was just wondering, what is the difference between having a LEAF box and
> just going out and buying a hardware router for fifty bucks.

Don't disagree with anything said previously, but there is at least one
of these cheap hardware routers that is somewhat more flexable and you
can get your hands on the source.  The Linksys WRT54G (yea I know it's
not $50, it's $85 and it's has 4 hardware ports + wireless) is Linux
based and there is a site that is supplying a custom Linux image with
IPSEC an more for it.  The source for all of it is available.  I have no
idea what the through put is, but it does have _some_ of the flexablilty
of LEAF and you can see what's in there.  Check out
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/38267

Cokey

F. 'Cokey' de Percin, DBA       Email:
CSC                              Work - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Columbia, South Carolina         Home - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

believed to be clean.