-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Nachman
Yaakov Ziskind
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 8:39 PM
To: Jorn Eriksen
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] VPN Suggestions?

Jorn Eriksen wrote (on Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 12:15:47PM +0100):
> Norman,
>
> I've used PPTP for quite some time.  It's very stable!  The best thing is
> that it do not require ANY software on W2K / XP machines...
>
> Have a look here for details:
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bering/latest/packages/pppd/

Thanks, Jorn. But I am now confused - there was very little documentation
there. And, from Googling, I see that pppd is supposed to transmit datagrams
over serial links - and I'm not sure how that fits in to a VPN over broadband
ethernet, or how pppd relates to pptp.

Can you point me to some documentation?

Thanks!