JamesSturdevant wrote:
I am running Bering 1.2 and am looking for a VPN solution for one of my users.

Her ISP is Earthlink and she reports that here IP address changes frequently (every 30 minutes). She will be connecting with a Windows client.

I have Freeswan working for others but their IPs are static. I have tried OpenVPN but the LEAF software seg faults when a UDP connection is made from a Windows Client and constantly reset if a TCP connection is made. Does anyone know what kernel version this code was compiled for?
It shouldn't matter. For all I know, OpenVPN is completely independant of the kernel version (unlike IPSEC), since it runs completely in user-space.

Unless there is a compelling reason not to (like, extensive setup already done on Bering, or software that's not available for Bering uClibc), you might also want to consider switching to Bering uClibc - I maintain the OpenVPN package for Bering uClibc (I also wrote a patch to enable OpenVPN to work with "ip" instead of "ipconfig", which has found it's way into the latest version), and it's been _very_ stable for me (I'm currently running two OpenVPN links - one over the internet where both ends are dynamic and change IPs once a day, and one over a wireless connection, which goes up and down a lot, since it's used for testing wireless equipment). I'm not trying to "sell" Bering uClibc to you, I just don't like it that a fine piece of software like OpenVPN is being dropped in favour of something less secure, just because of a seemingly faulty package (and sorry, no, I can't help with fixing the package on Bering).

Martin