Eric Spakman has just compiled pptpd for Bering uClib which I have got
working.  I haven't finished testing my set up yet but its looking good!
The .lrp package is in the Testing area of the uClib packages download
page.

So now I have a single 1.44 floppy router/firewall with dhcpd, pump,
ezipupdate, bpalogin, weblet, dropbear (SSH and SCP!) and VPN!!  Plus
some other things that I can probably do without!

Very functional, cheap, and a lot of fun!!

And for those who think floppies are unreliable, I agree entirely which
is why I keep an executable image of my router disk on a couple of
workstations around the place so I can remake the router disk quickly.
I have been playing with this stuff for a couple of years now and I have
had a couple of disks fail while I have been playing (maybe because I
have been playing??) but none in operation and given that once your
image is settled you should not need to reboot the router for a long
time, floppy reliability is not so much of an issue.  Except maybe if
your router is an environmentally unfriendly area.

Beauuudiful!!

Thanks folks.

David Pitts
IT Services Manager