Vic Berdin ha scritto:
> Hi Giovani,

Well done. For integrity ext3 is good.
>From my personal point of view the USB, or the CF, or the floppy are
used ONLY for startup and then are offiline so I haven't integrity issues.
For logging I prefer to do stealth logging on a different PC without an
IP address. For now I do not logging outside ramdisk.
Only a word about floppy: when I was using my first two (lrp) firewalls,
after a year, I needed to reboot them and the floppy doesn't work at all
(I had, of course, my backup so there is not a problem). After a certain
number of test I discovered that floppy sucks and I've started to test
CFs that performed very well so I adopted CF, first on LRP and then on
Leaf Bering 1.1 stable. On the same I tested USB that is more versatile
(for example we can protect it with a switch in order to avoid
intentional corruption) but also have some problems (for example large
USB devices are handled different from different PC so GRUB stop with a
geometry error).

Best regards

Giovanni Franza