OK, -- I have searched the mail archives, the FAQs, the user and installation guides, and this was automagically done with Dachstein --
How do I configure dhcpd to serve on eth1? (How do specify the dhcp option on eth1)?
R.

Dr. Richard W. Tibbs wrote:

> Hello list:
> I have recently converted from dachstein to Bering 1.2.  All of my
> previous setup works -- I an access the net, the net can access my
> internal Mail server, etc.
> But something seems to prevent dhcp from renewing leases.  When I first
> brought up the bering machine with the interfaces file below,  one of my
> hosts got a lease right away, then never again.
> I say no dhcpd.conf or other file or other obvious way to tell bering to
> serve dhcp to eth1.
> Any ideas what is wrong?

Be sure that you have specified the 'dhcp' option for eth1 in
/etc/shorewall/interfaces.

-Tom