Hello,

Excuse me. I can't help but notice a negative tone in your reply. Maybe
I am mistaken. Please clarify:

Martin Hejl wrote:

> cpu memhd wrote:
>
>> I had the same problem.
>>
>>> From the CVS help page:
>>
>> http://www.leaf-project.org/doc/guide/buc-buildtool.html
>>
>> This line didn't work for me:
>> cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/leaf login
>
> "didn't work for me" is pretty hard to debug for anyone but you.

What is this supposed to mean?

I wasn't trying to debug anything, or even imply that I was debugging.
The command: "cvs -d
:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/leaf login" did not
work for me on the three or four occasions that I tried it.

>> But this one did:
>> cvs -z3 -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/leaf \
>>   co src/bering-uclibc/buildtool
>>
>> Perhaps the docs need updating?
>
> I doubt it, since it works just fine here:
>
> $ cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/leaf login
> Logging in to
:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:2401/cvsroot/leaf
> CVS password:
>
> $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/leaf co
src/bering-uclibc/buildtool
> cvs checkout: Updating src/bering-uclibc/buildtool
> U src/bering-uclibc/buildtool/COPYING
> U src/bering-uclibc/buildtool/Changes
> U src/bering-uclibc/buildtool/README
> (...)
>
> Martin

The fact that it works for you does not mean it will work for everyone
else.

Something is causing a problem for at least two of us. I was able to
overcome this problem. I thought I might be able to help. Apparently,
my assistance did not measure up to your standards. Or if there is
something inherently wrong in my reply, please let me know what the
guidelines are for posting.