On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 20:21, cpu memhd wrote:
> > "didn't work for me" is pretty hard to debug for anyone but you.
>
> What is this supposed to mean?

cpu,
I believe it means, it's nearly impossible to tell what went wrong on
your side without better information.

I'll make a guess though. Have you used any other SourceForge hosted
project repositories with pserver? If so, login won't do much for you.

> >> But this one did:
> >> cvs -z3 -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/leaf \
> >>   co src/bering-uclibc/buildtool
> >>
> >> Perhaps the docs need updating?
> >
> > I doubt it, since it works just fine here:

As Martin says, I doubt it too. The fact that the second command works
indicates you've already logged into SF pserver before. You should be
able to continue the checkout successfully.

cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/leaf co src/bering-uclibc/buildtool

> The fact that it works for you does not mean it will work for everyone
> else.

True, but the SF Site Status doesn't indicate a problem with pserver,
and it's working for me in addition to Martin. If there is a problem,
it's not global.

https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?group_id=1&docid=2352

If you continue to have problems, please open a support request with the
SoruceForge staff so they can address the issue. Thanks.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=1&atid=200001

> Something is causing a problem for at least two of us. I was able to
> overcome this problem. I thought I might be able to help. Apparently,
> my assistance did not measure up to your standards. Or if there is
> something inherently wrong in my reply, please let me know what the
> guidelines are for posting.

The SF Site Docs are a good place to look for information on accessing
services they provide.

https://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=1

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects: ffl, leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs