Mike Noyes wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 20:21, cpu memhd wrote:
>
>>>"didn't work for me" is pretty hard to debug for anyone but you.
>>
>>What is this supposed to mean?
>

>cpu,
>I believe it means, it's nearly impossible to tell what went wrong on
>your side without better information.

Yes, I agree. But from my perspective, I wasn't trying to describe why
it wasn't working, only what worked for me. That was the best help I
could offer. Especially since I had forgotten the error message.

>I'll make a guess though. Have you used any other SourceForge hosted
>project repositories with pserver? If so, login won't do much for you.

This is what I mean about understanding the fundamentals. I don't know
what pserver is, so the answer is... no? I have only used CVS one other
time on a different project, but that was several months ago.

>>>I doubt it, since it works just fine here:
>

>As Martin says, I doubt it too. The fact that the second command works
>indicates you've already logged into SF pserver before. You should be
>able to continue the checkout successfully.
>
>cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/leaf co
src/bering-uclibc/buildtool

I don't remember what the error was, but it had something to do with
logging in. After giving up, I decided to try the second command and it
worked. This happened several times the same day.

Anyway, I just tried the first command and it now works with out error.
So it is working as documentated. -cpumemhd