To: <leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:46 AM
Subject: RE: LEAF on WRAP box - was Re: [leaf-user] lets talk about something--anything!

Hi!

Comments from a WRAP user ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Hejl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hyperterminal, at least in my experience). The biggest hurdle here is
finding the proper terminal settings (default should be 9600 8N1 - but
as I said, I haven't used a WRAP box yet). It _should_ be mentioned in
the manual though.

Well, there are two settings, 9600 and 38400, BIOS selectable.

happen to have lying around in your electronics junk box). Most of the
problems I've seen on the various mailing lists are due to marginal
power supplies (marginal in the sense that they provide enough power for
average usage, but fail and cause the box to crash/lock up if for some
reason power consumption jumps up).

Guilty! It has happened to me after adding the wireless card...

To get going (the easy way), the only thing else you need is a CF card
reader (if you don't want to boot with PXE - I don't know if the WRAP
boards support that), so you can transfer the base image to the compact
flash card (it's also convenient to get your box back up and running if
you've mis-configured it in a way that it will no longer boot - it's
happened to me a few times, and being able to pop in the CF into my
desktop and fix things saved a lot of time).

No, the WRAP board does not support PXE booting, and you have to prepare
the CF first. Personally I edit the files in my Windows system, and transfer
it to the CF using na USB card reader. I even use syslinux from within
Windows itself.

I hope that helps

Martin

Luis Correia