This is strange for some reason I can't use WINSCP to access my Bering
box. (I can use ssh fine via cmd line - putty)

I could use it fine before. But since I switched to Bering beta 4 on CF
whenever I try and login it tells me command/bin/sh failed..

Can anyone help me out here. This functionality is very useful and I
would really like to get this working again.

Procedure I use:

Open Winscp3

Under advanced options in the left hand panel

On the Left Hand panel - Under Environment - click SCP

   On the right side Under shell - click the "Enter" radio button and
type in /bin/sh in the panel

Under "Other Options"  uncheck Lookup user groups

under "Remote directories" type:  /
under local directories: c:\yourdirectory name

Save the session with a name - maybe dropbear

load the session
Enter 192.168.1.254

root      your password

save the session again - same name - dropbear if you like

now load and connect with clicks and move files back and forth with
encryption.

I use SCP to store the ide modules on a WIN box.

That way my Compact flash is write protected until I move the modules
over the wire and insmod them.

 Thanks in advance!

Troy