Erich Titl wrote:

>>      NEVER BACKUP PACKAGES WITH DESTINATION DEVICE (hda1) MOUNTED!
This
>> will corrupt the CF disk.
>

> It is not really _that_ bad. The only package which is attempted is
root.lrp
> and, of course, a backup of all packages (which includes root). Then
it is not
> only hda1 which causes trouble, anything mounted _and_ not in
> var/lib/lrpkg/root.exclude.list may corrupt your CF.

Oh I see what the problem is. This reminds of the time when I could
never backup root.lrp because I had a 2GB windows share mounted that
was used for my squid cache. Doh! root.exclude.list is so important
that I wrote several script functions to deal with this (potential)
problem. One fuction deals with creating directories and then excluding
them from backup, the other handles symbolic links ( mkdir_exclude() &&
ln_exclude() ). None of my mount points or symbolic links are ever
backed up. -cpu