On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 06:16:32PM +0200, Arne Bernin wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 09:08 -0700, Paul Traina wrote:
> > Seems to me that the backup command for the root .lrp package should
> > include instructions to tar to not traverse filesystems?
>
> unfortunatly it seems that busybox tar is not aware of this option (-l).

Isn't this already handled by the root.exclude.list? In it e.g. /mnt
/mnt? /nfs are listed, so if you'd mount another filesystem there
(which seems the obvious choice to me), then you won't have problems
backing up root.lrp while your floppy/CF card is mounted.

Actually, I regularly backup packages while I have my floppies mounted
(on /mnt/fd?) and like the feature that the backup scripts keep them
mounted there.

Jaap