> > the

> > tc.lrp
> > Redhat-based

> > know

> > stuff
> > > >

> > > is the cls_u32 module loaded on your leaf box ?
> > >

> > firewall# lsmod
> > Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted
> > sch_teql                3020   0 (unused)
> > sch_tbf                 2208   0 (unused)
> > sch_prio                1824   0 (unused)
> > cls_tcindex             3548   0 (unused)
> > cls_route               3356   0 (unused)
> > cls_fw                  1972   0 (unused)
> > cls_u32                 3896   1
> > sch_cbq                10456   1
> > ip_nat_h323             2044   0 (unused)
> > ip_conntrack_h323       1880   1
> > softdog                 1360   1
> > ipt_state                272  13
> > ipt_helper               400   0 (unused)
> > ipt_conntrack            692   0
> > ipt_REDIRECT             480   0 (unused)
> > ipt_MASQUERADE          1024   1
> > ip_nat_irc              1704   0 (unused)
> > ip_nat_ftp              2152   0 (unused)
> > iptable_nat            14332   4 [ip_nat_h323 ipt_REDIRECT
ipt_MASQUERADE
> > ip_nat                           _irc ip_nat_ftp]
> > ip_conntrack_irc        2484   1
> > ip_conntrack_ftp        3132   1
> > ip_conntrack           16516   3 [ip_nat_h323 ip_conntrack_h323
ipt_state
> > ipt_he                           lper ipt_conntrack ipt_REDIRECT
> > ipt_MASQUERADE ip_nat_irc ip_nat_ftp iptable_nat  ip_conntrack_irc
> > ip_conntrack_ftp]
> > pppoe                   6248   1
> > pppox                    756   1 [pppoe]
> > ppp_synctty             4192   0 (unused)
> > ppp_generic            14608   3 [pppoe pppox ppp_synctty]
> > n_hdlc                  5448   0 (unused)
> > slhc                    3844   0 [ppp_generic]
> > 3c59x                  23768   1
> > eepro100               16844   1
> > mii                     1820   0 [eepro100]
> >

> yes just like on redhat you must load the modules you need to use.
> the modules are in a separate tarball, i just  copy the modules that i
> want to use over to my leaf using scp, add them in the modules list, and
> backup modules.
> on next boot they are loaded, and my scripts work.

My question is not about how to load modules, but rather: _which_ modules
am I missing?

I can create queues (HTB and CBQ and SFQ and PFIFO), so those are loaded
OK. Yet when I try to create a tc filter I get an error indicating it does
not know what kind of filter I am trying to use. Anyone know which modules
are needed for the different filters?

> tc filter add dev $e protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 match ip sport 22

> 0xffff flowid 1:5
>
> returns:
> Unknown filter "ip", hence option "parent" is unparsable

Thanks,
-Ron